V.H Marad M.Ed and Rural B.Ed. College College is one of the institutions run by the prestigious managing committee “Shri Basaveshwar Rural Education and Development Trust ®”. Our management committee has the rich experience of administering the educational institutions since 2004, with the motto “Excellence in Education”. The management has a secular outlook in running the institutions which has made all the institutions to serve all sections of the society.
V.H Marad M.Ed College was established in August 2009 and Rural B.Ed. College was established in year 2005. It has permanent affiliation from Karnataka University, Dharwad and recognized by National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE). The college is recognized by University Grants Commission and listed under 12B & 2F as per UGC norms.
On the recommendations of Human Resource Development, Government of India, the Karnataka State Government upgraded our college as College of Teacher Education (CTE) in 2006. The college is re-accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
V.H Marad M.Ed College offers two year M.Ed programmes and B.Ed Programmes for candidates aspiring to become secondary school teachers and teacher educators. The pre-service undergraduate course is offered to graduates with arts, science, commerce, Business Management, Engineering etc., The Government allots 50 seats for the successful candidates from Centralised admission cell of Karnataka and 50 are management quota seats for B.Ed. programme. The University allots 35 seats from the management quota seats for M.Ed. programme.
Our college has a spacious building with all the required infrastructural facilities for both the pre-service and in-service teacher education programmes of M.Ed. and B.Ed as per NCTE regulations. V.H Marad M.Ed College and Rural B.Ed. College is located in the Sattur, Dharwad.
- To provide experience-based learning for multifaceted development.
- To set standards for professional preparation of educational leaders.
- To foster innovative and responsible integration of technology in education.
- To instill the spirit of inquiry through research.
- Preparing an young band of teachers with a sound professional interest, attitude, dedication, ethics, and a desire for continuous professional growth.
- To natural and nourish the future well balanced citizens to build up rich and prosperous society.
- Creating a spirit of experimentation to wards Teaching learning process coined with pragmatic outlook.
- Install among “would be teachers” fraternity a national, social, environmental and individual concerns.
- Meaningfulness of the ideas like learn to know, learn to live, learn to do and learn to live together.